Our Commitment to Your PrivacyF.E. Coyne Insurance Brokers is committed to providing our clients with excellent customer service. Doing business with a Property and Casualty insurance brokerage involves providing information about yourself, so protecting your personal information is one of our highest priorities.
F.E. Coyne Insurance Brokers has an excellent reputation of respecting your right to privacy and safeguarding your personal information. As a result of privacy legislation, we have further strengthened our privacy commitment by informing you of why and how we collect, use and disclose your personal information.
Below is a brief summary of our privacy practices.
Why do we collect personal information?
When you first become a client or whenever you renew a product from us, we need to collect some personal information for the following purposes:
- Enable us to acquire or renew an insurance policy for you
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you
- Assist you and assess your ongoing needs for insurance
- Ensure your information is accurate and up-to-date
- Protect us both against error and fraud
What personal information do we collect?
Personal information is information that identifies you as an individual client and relates specifically to you. Depending on the purpose(s) for which we need to collect it, we may ask for the following personal information about you including:
- Basic information such as your name, address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail address, birth date and marital status
- Claims history
- Driving record
- Details about your property such as the value of your home and its contents
- Medical information such as any condition that may affect the operation of a vehicle
- Employment information
How do we protect your personal information?
In order to protect your personal information and right to privacy, we will:
- Not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purposes other than those we identify to you.
- Keep your personal information only for as long as we need it to fulfill the stated purpose or as required by law.
- Maintain your personal information in as accurate, complete and up-to-date form as possible.
- Safeguard your personal information to the best of our ability.
- Respond to any request you may make to access or correct the personal information we hold about you.
- Obtain the appropriate consent from you for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information.
We may obtain this information from:
- We may obtain this information from:
- Insurance companies
- Other insurance brokers or agents
- Credit organizations
- Motor Vehicle and driver licensing authorities
- Financial institutions
- Medical Professionals
We may obtain your express consent or we may determine that consent has been implied by the circumstances.
- We might ask you for express consent in writing, for example in a signed, verbal or electronic application.
- We may ask for your express consent in person or over the telephone.
- We may determine that by seeking insurance through F.E. Coyne Insurance Brokers, your consent has been implied for us to deal with your personal information in a reasonable manner.
There are also legal exceptions in which we will not need to obtain your consent or explain the purposes for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information. For example, this could apply when there is an emergency situation, or if it is necessary for your protection or ours.
You can control how we handle your personal information.
F.E. Coyne Insurance Brokers wants you to know that you do have choices in this matter. You could refuse to allow us to obtain, use or share your personal information or you could also withdraw a previously given consent at any time. However by doing that, depending on the situation, you may be limiting or even preventing our ability to provide you with the product or service you desire. For example, if you do not allow us to obtain information about your driving record, it is unlikely that we will be able to provide you with auto insurance.
We'll be happy to discuss particular situations with you to help you with your decision.
Contact information and resources
We will respond to you promptly and do our utmost to resolve your concerns. To find out more about federal privacy laws, please contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner at 1-800-282-1376 or visit their website at www.privcom.gc.ca.
F.E. Coyne Insurance Brokers Limited
164 Division Street, Welland ON L3B 4A2
Tel: (905) 735-0970
Toll Free: 1-800-461-4694
Fax: (905) 732-5992