Empty houses are attractive targets for thieves but following these tips can help protect your home while you’re travelling this summer.
• Keep it to yourself. Don’t post holiday plans or live updates on social networking sites as this
can alert thieves to an empty house.
• Get a house sitter. Have someone stay or ask a trusted neighbour to check-in daily.
• Set timers. Set lights on timers in different rooms of your home.
• Newspapers and mail. Suspend newspaper delivery and have someone pick up your mail
• Maintain your yard. Arrange to have your lawn mowed and your grass and flowers watered.